Vital Signs® Community Reports
What is Vital Signs®?
Vital Signs is a national program led by community foundations and coordinated by Community Foundations of Canada (CFC). These publications leverage local knowledge to measure the vitality of our communities and support actions towards improving our collective quality of life.
The Vital Signs annual report identifies significant trends, and provides in-depth, up-to-date data and information about the people in our communities and the environments in which we live, work and go to school. The report helps us all stay informed so together we can best address the needs of today and prepare for the challenges of tomorrow.
The Community Foundation for Kingston & Area has produced an annual Vital Signs report since 2009. For 10 years these reports have helped us to identify local priorities and mobilize community actions.
After publishing our 10th annual Vital Signs report in 2018 (which looked at trends since our first report in 2009), we announced that we would be taking a new approach.
Community Insights is our new publication. This report, launched in September 2019, takes a more in-depth look at single issues of importance to our community.
We will look at resuming publication of a full Vital Signs report in the future when sufficient time has passed to identify trends in our community (consistent with the release of Census data).
Reports and Supplementary Materials
10th Annual Vital Signs Report 2018:
- Vital Signs Report – 2018
- Vital Signs 2018 – References
- The Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) Study: Relationship of Childhood Abuse and Household Dysfunction to Many of the Leading Causes of Death in Adults
Speaker Presentations from our launch event on October 15, 2018:
- Vital Signs 2018 Launch Presentation
- SPEAKER – Mike Bell 2018 VS Presentation
Vital Signs Report 2017:
Speaker Presentations from our launch event on October 2, 2017:
- Vital Signs 2017 Overview
- It is Time! for Age Friendly Health Care!
- Community Paramedicine – Filling the Gaps Together
Vital Signs Report 2016:
- Vital Signs Report – 2016
- DOWNLOAD the full Vital Signs 2016 report for Kingston & Area
- Vital Signs Report – 2016 References
- CFC National Report – Belonging: Exploring Connection to Community
- READ Media articles
Speaker Presentations from our launch event on October 4, 2016:
- A Smart and Caring Community Checkup Presentation
- Aboriginal Engagement and Outreach Presentation
- Hub and Situation Table Models in Canada Presentation
Vital Signs Report 2015:
- Vital Signs Report – 2015
- Vital Signs Report – 2015 References
- Vital Signs Report – 2015 Dashboard Sources
Vital Signs Report 2014:
- Vital Signs Report – 2014
- Vital Signs Report – 2014 References
- 50 Acts of Community Checklist
- Civic Engagement and Community Wellbeing Report
- Civic Engagement and Community Wellbeing Technical Supplement
Vital Signs Report 2013:
- Vital Signs Report – 2013
- Vital Signs Community Well Beings Survey – Report 1
- Vital Signs Community Well Beings Survey – Report 2 – Resident Comparisons
Vital Signs Reports from 2009 – 2012:
- Vital Signs Report – 2012
- Vital Signs Report – 2011
- Vital Signs Report – 2010
- Vital Signs Report – 2009
For Professional Advisors
Benefits of Working With Us
Tools and Resources
How to Set Up a Fund
275 Ontario Street Suite #100
Kingston, ON K7K 2X5