How We Help
We serve our community as a partner and resource. Amongst the many things we do, we:
- Promote philanthropy and build connections between donors and good works
- Manage endowment funds that provide financial grants to a wide range of charities
- Run a Community Grants program that provides grants to local charities for local projects through an open application process
- Encourage discussion on topics that matter to us as a community, through our Speaker Series, and producing annual community reports (Vital Signs® and Community Insights)
By the Numbers
- $33.5 million in assets (pooled endowment funds)
- 367+ local charities supported through our Community Grants Program
- $14+ million granted since the Foundation was established in 1995
- 240+ endowment funds managed for people, families, businesses, and charities
In 2021 alone, we granted over $1 million, of which more than 45% was allocated to local projects through our Community Grants Program.
What Our Community Members Are Saying
“The work of CFKA makes me very proud to be a Kingstonian!”
“CFKA accomplishes a great deal with its limited resources.”
“I feel inspired by the Community Foundation to do more.”
“It’s reassuring when you give money, to know its going to be well used and that the Grants Committee ensure that there is accountability.”
“The projects that the Community Foundation fund really allow our community to thrive.”
View this highlights video from a past event to hear directly from some of our grant recipients the impact our grants are having in our community.
All this is possible thanks to the generosity of our hundreds of donors.
By pooling all donations – large and small – we are able to multiply the impact of your gift dollar. Our large base of pooled endowment funds allows us to minimize investment risk through increased diversification, reduce investment charges, and maximize returns. All funds are under the stewardship of our Board of Directors and its Investment Committee, with the advice of our professional investment advisor, so you can be assured your donations are well managed.
Stay Up to Date
Stay up to date on the Community Foundation’s growing impact in our community by signing up for our e-newsletter, attending an event, or following us on social media.