As a charitable agency, you can set up your own endowment fund at the Foundation to provide a long-term, sustainable income stream to support your ongoing operations or specific programs.
By placing your charitable agency’s endowment fund with us, you benefit from the Foundation’s professional investment management and established fund administration policies and practices. We provide the investment management and fund oversight, allowing you to focus your efforts on your core business.
“Like many charitable organizations, we needed a secure annual income to cover the costs of our activities, including stewardship of our nature reserves. We built an endowment through generous gifts and bequests. However, managing it is a daunting task for volunteer board members. Our solution was to draw on the expertise of the Foundation. This has proven to be a very good partnership, freeing up our board members to focus on our core objectives.”
-Larry McCurdy, Treasurer, Kingston Field Naturalists
How We Can Help
We can offer advice and guidance on everything from what financial tools can be used to set up the endowment, to ideas for marketing your fund.
As well, we can help link your agency to other funds, partnerships, or opportunities that may help you achieve your charitable goals.
As part of our low administrative fee, we provide a number of services to your agency when it establishes an endowment fund with us:
- Provide you with Annual Fund Statements detailing all of the activity on your fund
- Disburse your income to you annually
- Process donations to your fund received through the mail, on-line or through securities
- Issue tax receipts directly to donors for no additional fees
- Offer advice on gifts of securities, planned gifts, marketing and growing your endowment
- Administer estate gifts to your endowment
- List your agency fund on our website
- Feature the creation of your agency’s fund in our publications
Click here for more information.
Local charities that hold endowment funds with the Community Foundation for Kingston & Area include:
- Boys and Girls Club of Kingston & Area
- Camp Outlook
- Canadian Mental Health Association Funds
- Frontenac County Schools Museum
- Habitat for Humanity Fund
- Kingston Frontenac Public Library
- Kingston Humane Society
- Kingston School of Art
- Kingston WritersFest
- Land Conservancy for Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington
- Loving Spoonful
- The Mess Open Arts Studio
- Marine Museum of the Great Lakes at Kingston
- Pathways to Education Kingston
- Rideau Waterway Land Trust
- Rotary Club of Kingston
- The Seniors Association Kingston Region
- The Spire
- Kingston Symphony Association
- Youth Diversion
- Wintergreen Studios
We invite you to get in touch with us to explore how we can help. Contact Tina Bailey, Executive Director, at 613.546.9696 or email@example.com.