Regina Rosen Food First Fund
Regina (Gini) Rosen was a community leader who played a huge part in the success of the Community Foundations. Sadly, she passed away in August 2018. Gini was such an integral part of the Foundation since its very beginning that her influence has been embedded into the fabric of who we are and what we do – including our work in the area of food security.
The Regina Rosen Food First Fund was established by the Foundation’s Board of Directors in 2012. It was named in Gini’s honour in recognition of her exceptional involvement with the Foundation for decades and her passion for ensuring access to healthy food for all.
The Regina Rosen Food First Fund supports food providing or food security organizations in the community. In accordance with the wishes of Gini Rosen, the fund should benefit projects that support the notion: “If you teach a person to fish, they can eat for a lifetime.”
12 grants are awarded annually. Successful applicants receive a $1,000 grant to support their efforts.
For more information on the Regina Rosen Food First Fund and its impact click here.
Application forms can be downloaded at the bottom of this webpage.
There is no deadline; applications may be submitted at any time. The Committee meets twice a year to consider applications to the Fund.
Field of Interest
Food Security. Organizations should be engaged in procurement, production, preservation, and/or preparations, education and skill development, with a goal of alleviating hunger and addressing food security and food equity in our communities. Grants can be applied to project staff, equipment, distribution, promotion, or food.
The geographic area served: City of Kingston, Loyalist Township, Township of Central Frontenac, Township of Frontenac Islands, Township of North Frontenac, Township of South Frontenac.
Specific Eligibility Criteria
Applications must meet all our general eligibility criteria.
Applicant organizations may receive a grant once per calendar year.
Download and complete the Regina Rosen Food First Application Form. Please remember to save this form for your records.
- If you are partnering with a charity please fill out the Confirmation of Partnership Agreement Form.
- Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All applications will be reviewed by a volunteer community committee. Successful applicants will be notified after the committee meets (Spring and Fall) if they have been selected to receive an upcoming grant.
Grant Agreements & Final Reporting
Your project proposal acts as your formal agreement with Foundation.
Once your project is completed, recipients of Regina Rosen Food First Fund grants are asked to provide:
- 1-2 short paragraphs describing how the funds were used
- 1-2 testimonials of the impact of the grant (from staff or clients)
- a photo or visual image, if possible. Please ensure photo permissions are received by any individuals whose images are used. Images do not necessarily need to be of people but something that represents your project.
For further assistance, please contact Yu Jier Kou, Grants Coordinator, at 613.546.9696 or email email@example.com.