Fall 2022 Community Grants
Applications are now being accepted for the Fall 2022 Community Grants Program.
More information on the Fall 2022 Community Grants Program is available on our website here. Before applying, we strongly encourage you to:
- Review the Applicant Guide
- Register for the Community Grants Information Session on Wednesday, September 14, 2022 at 2:00 PM
Deadline for Applications: Monday, October 17, 2022 at 4:30 PM
Granting Priorities for the Community Grants Program
While the Foundation continues to provide grants to all Fields of Interest, preference may be given to projects that align with the Smart & Caring Community Priority Areas. The Current Smart & Caring Community Priority Areas are to:
Build resilience in individuals, families, and communities by supporting initiatives such as those that:
- Promote strong early childhood development (prenatal to 6)
- Support youth in achieving success in education, employment, and life pursuits
- Address mental health and substance use
- Increase food security
- Assist local charities to adapt to and recover from the pandemic
Increase belonging and wellbeing within our community by supporting initiatives such as those that:
- Strengthen social connection and engagement to reduce loneliness and isolation
- Foster community connection and cohesion by recognizing and celebrating diversity
- Support the Truth and Reconciliation process
- Connect and welcome newcomers to our community and help them access services to thrive in their new home
- Amplify voices and participation of equity-deserving groups and commit to continuous learning and action surrounding anti-racism, equity, diversity, and inclusion through policies and practices
There are three exciting updates for this round.
- Applications will now be accepted through our new online grantmaking platform, Grants Lifecycle Manager.
We have modernized our application process to streamline the application process for you, our community partners. Visit our website at cfka.org/community-grants-program to access the Community Grants application portal.
- We have expanded our eligibility so you can now request funds to support your operations.
Starting this round, agencies can apply for funds up to $16,000 to support general operations, overhead costs, and ongoing programs. We know your agency can foster innovation and your programs can deliver the most impact when funding for your operations are stable.
- Application deadlines have shifted for the Community Grants Program. The deadline for the Fall 2022 Community Grants Program will be October 17, 2022, at 4:30 PM.
Unless the date falls on a weekend, applications deadlines will be October 15 for fall rounds and March 15 for spring rounds of Community Grants. In rounds such as Fall 2022 in which the deadline falls on a weekend, the deadline will move towards the first following business day.
We are listening and learning from our community.
Further details about the Community Grants Program are available on our website at cfka.org/community-grants-program. For any questions about our Community Grants Program, please contact the Community Foundation at:
email@example.com / 613.546.9696
Please note: We are available by email, phone, or Zoom appointment.
Fall 2022 Community Grants Information Session
Participants will be provided with an overview of updates made to the Community Grants Program including a walkthrough of the online application portal, as well as a review of the eligibility guidelines, Application Forms, and Budget Form.
Session: Wednesday September 14, 2022 from 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM
Register for the Community Grants Information Session here.
For any questions about our Community Grants Program, please contact the Community Foundation:
firstname.lastname@example.org / 613.546.9696