The Community Foundation continues work on Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
The Foundation continues to play a leadership role in bringing the community together to raise awareness of and help prevent and mitigate the impacts of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs).
Recent activity includes:
- Trauma Informed Training Sessions are being delivered free to the community through a grant provided to Kingston Community Health Centres Pathways to Education. Over the summer, a total of 8 training sessions will be delivered to train staff from multiple agencies across the region. Response to this offering has been tremendous with each session filling up within 24 hours of registration opening. It is wonderful to see such interest in this important topic! Stay tuned for information on future offerings.
- Resilience Screenings will be offered throughout the summer. If you have not yet seen this powerful documentary (or want to see it again) register to attend an upcoming screening.
- “Everyone needs to see this film” is a quote we hear after all screenings, and that is indeed what we are hoping to help make happen! Click here to see a preview.
- We funded/hosted a community workshop attended by over 60 participants from 30 organizations to explore how we can work together to build a community wide strategy to address this issue. The hands-on workshop was delivered by expert facilitators from the Community Resilience Initiative designed to help guide our thinking as we move forward in our collective work in this space.
- We continue to facilitate the ACEs Core Team to define and drive collective actions in this space. Stay tuned for future updates – we’ve got some great things in the works!
Register to attend FREE upcoming screening of Resilience, the powerful documentary on ACEs that “everyone needs to see”:
July 13th @ 7pm: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_36zLKmU2SWabG6vxJM8l2Q
August 11th @ 7pm: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_5O7Xdi5uQHm_QvF3ylRsDQ
August 25th @ 12pm:https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_cBzpOEsIR7OZ0Ma375H0yQ