We Are Hiring – Grants Coordinator
This position has been filled.
We Are Hiring: GRANTS COORDINATOR
The Community Foundation for Kingston & Area (CFKA) is looking for its next Grants Coordinator. This is a full-time position, or a minimum of four days per week, based on the ideal candidate’s preferences.
CFKA is a local charitable organization with a mandate to connect the generosity of donors with local charities addressing community needs. Its endowment fund model allows it to invest in the community in perpetuity. With over $25 million in endowment funds (and growing), the Foundation has granted over $13 million to date. Their competitive Community Grants Program has funded hundreds of local projects that have resulted in meaningful and lasting impact, both small and large, in our community.
Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with Grants Committee volunteers, the Grants Coordinator is a key position within the Foundation. This role is responsible for overseeing and successfully executing all aspects of the Foundation’s granting programs, working as part of a small staff team and with numerous community volunteers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The successful candidate will be friendly, professional, self-motivated, and highly organized, with exceptional communication skills and a knowledge of (if not passion for) the work of non-profit-organizations. If you have a demonstrated commitment to service excellence, exceptional attention to detail, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with a desire to make a difference in the community through your work, this might be a great fit for you.
- Oversee and execute all elements of the Foundation’s competitive granting programs.
- Oversee the distribution of grants from individual funds in accordance with fund agreements, donor’s wishes, and CRA regulations.
- Liaise with grant applicants, donors, volunteers, and various community tables.
- Provide data analysis reporting about CFKA granting programs and impact.
- Support the development of strong communications pieces that demonstrate the impact of Community Foundation grants.
- Assist with overall promotion and community outreach of the Foundation.
THIE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Completion of post-secondary degree or diploma or equivalent experience. Internationally trained professionals and/or applicants with equivalent international experience are welcomed to apply.
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector (knowledge of local charities is an asset).
- Knowledge of granting process (writing, applying for grants; reviewing grant/other applications; implementing and reporting on grants at an agency level).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of people (community members, volunteers, donors).
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and databases, notably intermediate to advanced level Excel.
- High degree of professionalism, accuracy and confidentiality.
- Solid organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail, proven ability to produce high quality reports and documents.
- Initiative, collaborative team approach and effective problem-solving skills.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates can submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note that this position has been filled.
The Community Foundation for Kingston & Area is committed to fostering a positive, inclusive and equitable workforce reflecting the community we serve, and we encourage members of the designated groups and from all diverse backgrounds to apply and self-identify. Please inform us of any accommodations we need to make to ensure a barrier-free recruitment experience for you.
Contact us at 613.546.9696 or email@example.com
Posted: March 8, 2021