We’re Hiring: Donor Services Coordinator
Are you passionate about donor relations and using data to tell compelling stories? Do you want to work with passionate supporters and volunteers? Are you looking for an exciting role with the ability to make a difference for hundreds of organizations in Kingston & Area? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
The Community Foundation for Kingston & Area (CFKA) is looking for a Donor Services Coordinator. This is a new, full-time position located in the CFKA office in beautiful downtown Kingston.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the staff team and committed volunteers, the Donor Services Coordinator is a new position within the Foundation. This role is responsible for gift processing, database management, donor relations and stewardship, and key communications and administrative support.
Who We Are Looking For
The ideal candidate for this role has a strong donor database background and a strong donor services track record. You will need to have the ability to think critically, collaborate with others, and be process oriented. If you have a demonstrated commitment to service excellence within the charitable or non-profit sectors, exceptional attention to detail, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with a desire to make a difference in the community through your work, this might be a great fit for you.
- Maintains a high level of customer service with donors and members, as a primary point-of-contact for donors, members, and community members.
- Processes online and offline donations; importing data, running queries and reports as may be required; including gift processing and batching, acknowledgment letters, fund reports, tax receipts, other stewardship reports, and e-blast/social media postings;
- Maintains appropriate record-keeping within donor/member database and the organization’s shared drives and uses data to generate trend reports and intelligence to drive retention measures.
- Coordinates all donor communications, reporting, and recognition activities, including events (both virtual and in-person).
- In collaboration with the Grants Coordinator, supports the development of strong communications pieces, both print and digital, that demonstrate the impact of our various grants programs and of our donors.
- Supports the implementation of short- and long-term fund development strategies for the organization; including coordinating various fundraising mass and targeted appeals as assigned;
- Conducts research, analysis and prepares regular timely reports and statistical information that supports the overall philanthropic strategies.
- Supports the Executive Director’s Board liaison including agenda and meeting minute management, presentation of reports, and tracks motions and work activities;
- Manages confidential and sensitive information affecting operations, external relations, assets and organizational resources.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Demonstrated experience working in the not-for-profit sector (knowledge of Kingston area charities is an asset).
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with donor CRM databases (e.g. Blackbaud RE, CSuite, DonorPerfect, etc), and familiarity using a moves management approach within databases.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of people (community members, volunteers, donors).
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, notably intermediate to advanced level Excel.
- High degree of professionalism, accuracy and confidentiality.
- Solid organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail, proven ability to produce high quality reports and documents.
- Initiative, collaborative team approach and effective problem-solving skills.
- Completion of one of post-secondary degree, or diploma, or equivalent experience. Internationally trained professionals and/or applicants with equivalent international experience are welcome to apply.
$58,000 (37.5 hours per week). Compensation includes group insurance benefits plan (Health, AD&D, and Life) available after the probationary period.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter with the subject line “Donor Services Coordinator” to email@example.com by September 30, 2022.
Vaccination Policy: Please be advised that the Community Foundation for Kingston & Area has a vaccination policy in place, and all employees are required to provide proof of vaccination status or a relevant exemption from a qualified healthcare practitioner.
CFKA is a local charitable organization with a mandate to connect the generosity of donors in the Kingston region with local charities addressing community needs. Our endowment fund model allows us to invest in the community in perpetuity. With over $33 million in endowment funds (and growing), the Foundation has granted over $14 million to date to over 360 charities.
The Community Foundation for Kingston & Area is committed to fostering a positive, inclusive, and equitable workforce reflecting the community we serve, and we encourage members of equity-deserving designated groups and from all diverse backgrounds to apply and self-identify. Please inform us of any accommodations we can make. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants who apply. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.