We are hiring: ARC Project Manager
The Community Foundation for Kingston & Area (CFKA) is looking for a Project Manager: Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) & Resilience Coalition (ARC). This is a 2-year, part-time position located in Kingston, Ontario.
The ACEs & Resilience Coalition of Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington (ARC) is comprised of agencies and individuals in the KFL&A region, with a vision of a resilient community that prevents and reduces the effects of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs). As a key partner, the Community Foundation for Kingston & Area is seeking a Project Manager to support and coordinate the work of the ACEs & Resilience Coalition of Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington. The Community Foundation for Kingston & Area is committed to improving the health and social wellbeing of our community, which includes limiting the negative health and social outcomes associated with ACEs.
- In collaboration with the ACEs & Resilience Coalition Steering Committee and the ACEs & Resilience Coalition, assist with the development and implementation of the community strategy and workplan.
- Plan, facilitate, and/or document discussions and decisions made in meetings.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Conduct local community research and program evaluation, including gathering and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data from secondary sources, developing surveys, hosting focus groups and/or key informant interviews, and reporting findings.
- Plan and coordinate special events and training opportunities in schools, workplaces, and the community-at-large.
- Develop and foster relationships with community members and key partners, including, but not limited to, municipalities, boards of education, law enforcement, business organizations, worksites, health care and social services agencies and other agencies
- Support knowledge mobilization activities
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports.
- Liaise with other provincial leaders, organizations or groups involved in similar work
- Undertake other tasks, as required.
Education and Experience:
Master’s degree, or equivalent, in relevant field (e.g., Master of Public Health, Master of Social Work)
- Interest in ACEs, trauma-informed care, and community resiliency
- Experience in program planning and implementation and supporting collaborative work
- Experience conducting literature reviews and secondary research
- Experience conducting primary community-based research, including survey development, focus groups, key information interviews, qualitative and quantitative data analysis and interpretation
- Knowledge of community and its agencies and organizations
- Ability to work independently
- Effective time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Microsoft Office, virtual meeting platforms
- Understanding of how to use social media as a communication tool, an asset
Job Category: Program/Project Management, Community Outreach
Career Level: Experienced, Non-management
Location: Kingston & Area
Duration: Two years (pending on start date)
Position Type: Part Time (18.5 hours/week)
Rate of Pay: $35 – $50/hour (based on education & experience)
Vaccination Policy: Please be advised that the Community Foundation for Kingston & Area has a vaccination policy in place, and all employees are required to provide proof of vaccination status, or a relevant exemption from a qualified healthcare practitioner.
CFKA is a local charitable organization with a mandate to connect the generosity of donors in the Kingston region with local charities addressing community needs. Our endowment fund model allows us to invest in the community in perpetuity. With over $33 million in endowment funds (and growing), the Foundation has granted over $14 million to date to over 360 charities.
The Community Foundation for Kingston & Area is committed to fostering a positive, inclusive, and equitable workforce reflecting the community we serve, and we encourage members of the designated groups and from all diverse backgrounds to apply and self-identify. Please inform us of any accommodations we can to make. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply: Interested applicants should submit their resume and a cover letter, demonstrating how you meet the position requirements, by September 23, 2022 to email@example.com with the subject line: ARC Project Manager.
We thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.