Regina Rosen Food First Fund
Congratulations to our latest grantees!
The Regina Rosen Food First Fund was established by the Foundation’s Board of Directors in 2012. It was named in Gini’s honour in recognition of her exceptional involvement with the Foundation for decades and her passion for ensuring access to healthy food for all.
Twelve grants are awarded annually. Successful applicants receive a $1,000 grant to support their efforts in addressing food insecurity in Kingston & surrounding areas. Organizations should be engaged in procurement, production, preservation, and/or preparations, education and skill development, with a goal of alleviating hunger and addressing food security and food equity in our communities. Grants can be applied to project staff, equipment, distribution, promotion, or food.
Congratulations to the successful applicants who will be receiving a grant from the Fund during the first six months of 2020.
- Vincent de Paul Society for emergency food pantry purchases
- Girls Inc. Limestone for Healthy snack preparation for their after school program
- Seniors Association of Kingston for the purchase of a commercial 8-quart mixer
- HIV/AIDS Regional Services for the purchase of fresh food for meal preparation
- Kingston Community Health Centre for vouchers for the Good Food Stand
- Partners in Mission Foodbank for fresh food purchases for family hampers
- Lunch by George for food purchases for meal preparation
Applications received by April 3, 2020 will be considered for grants in the last six months of 2020.
Applications received after April 3, 2020 are still eligible for funding but will be considered for grants given in the first half of 2021.
For more information about the Regina Rosen Food First Fund, including application details visit https://cfka.org/regina-rosen-food-first-fund/.