2020 Fall Community Grants
Applications are now being accepted for the Fall 2020 Community Grants Program
This Fall 2020 Community Grants round includes changes to both the application form and process.
Even if you have applied to the Community Foundation for Kingston & Area’s Community Grants Program previously, before applying we strongly encourage you to:
- Review the new Applicant Guide
- Register for a Community Grants Information Session by Zoom
Recognizing the challenging environment that many charities are facing as a result of COVID-19, this grants round, CFKA has provided an opportunity for a range of activities to address the diverse needs of organizations and to support them where they are at in their recovery and rebuilding. They include:
- shorter and more concise application forms.
- faster application processing with grants flowing one month earlier (November 2020).
- no paper submissions required.
- a one-time opportunity to apply for emergency operational support for program delivery during COVID – 19.
Fall 2020 Granting Priorities
For the Fall 2020 Community Grants round, CFKA has identified the following granting priorities:
- Partnerships: Look to partner, collaborate, and coordinate with others in the application. Opportunities may exist to share resources, equipment, space costs, etc.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Consider diversity, equity and inclusion in the project/program design and delivery.
- Resilience: Develop initiatives that build on existing strengths and develop resiliency in people, organizations, and community.
- Emergency Response & Recovery: Continued efforts to address the effects of COVID-19.
Further details about the Community Grants Program and the forms are available on our website here:
Fall 2020 Community Grants Information Sessions
If you missed the information sessions, you can download the presentation here:
Session 1: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Session 2: Wednesday, September 2, 2020 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
For any questions about our Community Grants Program, please contact our Grants Coordinator:
Penny Scott firstname.lastname@example.org / 613.546.9696